We get a lot of questions about what exactly our MultiCode®-RTx Technology is and how it makes our ARIES® Systems sample to answer powerhouses. In a nutshell, our MultiCode-RTx is a probe-free, real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology.
The technology is based on the unique MultiCode base pair isoC:isoG. Our synthetic pair differs from the naturally occurring base pair in its hydrogen-bonding pattern, and this inverted bonding pattern allows for site-specific incorporation of the isobases during amplification. Molecular recognition between isobases, combined with a labeled primer system, enables the detection of almost any nucleic acid target.
In the ARIES® Systems, MultiCode-RTx makes that detection process flexible and reliable. You probably already know how ARIES® Systems improve lab efficiency and workflow, but we’ve also put together a video explaining how MultiCode-RTx Technology works to create accurate results. It’s part of a series of videos that guide you through the major aspects of Luminex® technology, from instruments to software and more. Some of the other video topics include:
- Luminex Technology: xMAP® Technology
- Luminex Technology: xTAG® Technology
- Luminex Technology: VERIGENE® NanoGrid Technology
- ARIES® – Welcome to the New Way to Work [Video]
- A Laboratory’s Perspective: How the University of Louisville Infectious Diseases Lab Leverages Molecular Testing [Blog]
- A Laboratory’s Perspective: How Ascension/St. John Providence Manages Seasonal Testing Demands [Blog]
- ARIES® User Defined Protocol (UDP) Capability [Product Page]