MAGPIX® is the simplest, most affordable, and most compact of Luminex’s xMAP® instruments.
This compact multiplexing unit performs up to 50 different tests in a single reaction volume and reads a 96-well plate in just 60 minutes. MAGPIX® features self-cleaning routines and magnetic bead compatibility (with MagPlex® beads), making the instrument easy to learn and easy-to-use.
Experience the power of MAGPIX and perform up to 50 tests in a single reaction volume.
The MAGPIX System features an innovative design based on CCD imaging technology that allows for a more compact, robust system. It’s also easy to operate and maintain with streamlined start-up and shutdown protocols and minimal maintenance requirements. MAGPIX is supported by a broad menu of commercially available assay kits, as well as reagents to build your own assays.
Key MAGPIX features:
- Multiplexing: Up to 50 analytes per sample
- Sensitivity: Approximately 106 copies of DNA or single-digit picogram levels of protein
- Dynamic Range (Typical): ≥3.5 logs
- Read Time: 96-well plate in ≤60 min (up to 4,800 tests/hour)
- Daily Start-Up/Shut-Down: ≤15 min
- Footprint: 3 ft linear bench space
Let MAGPIX empower your work with:
- Affordability: Benefit from an affordable multiplexing solution that costs up to 4X less than comparable ELISA assays.*
- Versatility: Transition to multiplexing at your own pace and exponentially grow your data.
- Flexibility: Achieve a wider array of goals with the ability to analyze both proteins and nucleic acids.
- Compact Size: Reduce clutter with a compact instrument requiring less linear bench space.
- Efficiency: Measure up to 50 targets in a single reaction volume and dramatically reduce sample input.
- Assay Support: Leverage a broad array of commercially available kits as well as reagents for user-developed assays.
*Price per result based on comparison of xMAP® 42-plex kit to ELISA kits containing the same analytes.
|Multiplexing Capability||Up to 50 individual analytes|
|Reagent Compatibility||MagPlex® magnetic microspheres|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||≥3.5 logs|
|Microplate Type||96-well plate|
|Reading Speed||96 wells ≤60 mins|
|Sample Temperature Control||35° – 60°C (95° – 131°F)|
|Sample Volume Uptake||20 – 200 μL|
|Auto Adjust-Probe Height||Yes|
|Daily Start-Up||≤15 minutes|
|Reporter Channel Excitation||511 nm|
|Classification Channel Excitation||621 nm|
|Power||110 – 120 VAC or 200 – 240 VAC and 50 – 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||16.5 cm W x 60 cm D x 43 cm H (6.5″ W x 23.5″ D x 17″ H)|
|Weight||17.5 kg (38.5 lbs)|
|All Luminex instruments are marked in compliance with electrical/safety device standards for appropriate regions. For details on approvals and standards compliance please contact Luminex.|
|Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ) services are performed by Luminex Field Service Engineers, and are critical to ensuring that your instrument is properly installed and operating according to specifications. For more information, please click here, contact your Luminex representative, or email [email protected].|
|† For more detail, see the MAGPIX Specification Sheet.|
The MAGPIX instrument requires Drive Fluid to serve as the delivery medium to transport the sample to the instrument’s optics.
Due to the compact nature of the MAGPIX System, Drive Fluid is available in small pre-filled disposable containers which are stored onboard the instrument. Each Drive Fluid container provides enough fluid to read approximately ten plates of samples, and they are sold in packages of four.
All xMAP instruments require regular calibration and performance verification testing to ensure the systems are operating correctly and to maintain data accuracy. MAGPIX uses a unique calibration kit and verification kit, each providing 25 uses.
MAGPIX Calibration Kit
Drive Fluid PLUS
MAGPIX Verification Kit
Learn More about MAGPIX®
- Optimization of Bead Loading, MAGPIX (IVD)
- Market Specification, MAGPIX (IVD)
- MAGPIX Customer Fact Sheet, Troubleshooting (RUO)
- xMAP® Technology Fact Sheet
- xMAP Technology Products and Services (RUO)
- MAGPIX Provides Equivalent Performance to the Luminex® 100/200™ in an HPV Vaccination Trial (IVD)
- Equivalent Analytical Performance Between the MAGPIX System and the Luminex 100/200 System (IVD)
- Comparison of Luminex 200 to MAGPIX using the Poultry Serology Assay (IVD)
- Have you been to Papua New Guinea? MAGPIX has.
- Meet SYNCT™: Simpler Software that Does More for Your Clinical Lab
- Have You Serviced Your MAGPIX This Year?
- Tips and Tricks from Luminex Tech Support
Looking for additional documentation and publications:
Learn how to prepare, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot your MAGPIX® instrument with these videos.
Unpacking and assembling MAGPIX
Preparing your MAGPIX after unpacking
Powering up your MAGPIX
How to perform a calibration and performance verification on MAGPIX
How to clean the MAGPIX sample probe
How to maintain the drive and waste fluids on MAGPIX
How to adjust the sample probe height on MAGPIX
How to run the Revive After Storage Routine on MAGPIX instruments
How to perform the MAGPIX semi-annual maintenance tasks
How to perform the MAGPIX annual maintenance tasks
Basic troubleshooting tips if your MAGPIX is malfunctioning
How to inspect and replace the fuses for MAGPIX
Troubleshooting a calibration and verification failure on the MAGPIX
Generating the support utility file for Luminex xMAP® instruments
|Product||Part Number||Registration Status|
|MAGPIX-XPONENT||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|Product||Part Number||Registration Status|
|MAGPIX Calibration Kit (25 uses)||MPXIVD-CAL-K25||IVD|
|MPX-CAL-K25||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|MAGPIX Drive Fluid (4 pk)||MPXDF-4PK-1||IVD|
|MPXDF-4PK||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|MAGPIX Drive Fluid PLUS||Coming Soon||IVD|
|40-50030||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|MAGPIX Performance Verification Kit (25 uses)||MPXIVD-PVER-K25||IVD|
|MPX-PVER-K25||Research Use Only (RUO)|
|21 CFR Part 11||XPON-21CFR||For laboratories working under the FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 regulations, xPONENT® offers multilevel user management, full audit trail, electronic records, and electronic signatures.|
|Automation Connectivity Module||XPON-AUTO||The automation module along with a device driver enable communication between the reader and a front-end automation platform.|
|LIS Connectivity Module||XPON-LIS||This module allows communication with an external Laboratory Information System (LIS) database by allowing the export of patient result data and the import of patient sample information in ASTM format; connection to your LIS system may require the use of middleware.|
|MAGPIX xPONENT 4.3 IQ/OQ Protocol||VP-MAGPIX-XPON-IQOQ||Installation Qualification and Operational Qualification protocols provide documented evidence that the instrument has been installed and is operating according to Luminex guidelines and specifications.|
|Security Module||XPON-SECURITY||The secure xPONENT package includes all the basic functionality, plus allows an administrator to set up user access levels.|
|PC with xPONENT 4.3 Pre-installed||XPON-UPGRD-MAGPIX||xPONENT software provides the basic functionality required for instrument control, data acquisition, and data reduction. xPONENT 4.3 is available as pre-installed software on a Luminex-supplied PC.|
Accessories & Spare Parts
|6-Month Preventative Maintenance Kit with Syringe, 500 μL Ball End||CN-0262-01|
|12-Month Preventive Maintenance Kit, MAGPIX||CN-0287-01|
|Air Filter, 4.5 x 4.5||CN-0257-01|
|Bar Code Scanner||CN-PC03-01|
|Drive Fluid Filter||CN-0258-01|
|Heater Block, 96-Well Microtiter Plate||CN-0224-01|
|MAGPIX Offplate Reagent Block||CN-0260-01|
|Sample Probe Height Adjustment Kit||CN-0263-01|
|Sample Probe Needle||CN-0221-01|
|Sample to Valve Tubing Assembly||CN-0259-01|
|Syringe, 500 μL Ball End||CN-0262-01|
|Syringe Seal (Qty 1) for 6 month PM||CN-0014-01|
|Waste Bottle Assembly||CN-0261-01|
- Email your purchase order to: [email protected]
- Purchase Order Form
- Credit Card Form
- Phone: +1 866 401 5450
- Fax: +1 512 219 0544
The following details will need to be included with your purchase orders in order to process them:
- Company name
- Name, phone number, and email address of purchasing agent
- Name and phone number of the end user
- Valid purchase order number
- Quote reference number, where applicable
- Complete billing and shipping addresses
- Product number, description, pricing, and quantity
- Net 30 payment terms or other agreed upon payment terms
- FOB shipping point or other agreed upon shipping terms
(IVD) For In Vitro Diagnostic Use. Products are region specific and may not be approved in some countries/regions.
(RUO) This product is for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Please contact Luminex at [email protected] to obtain the appropriate product information for your country of residence.