What’s New with Luminex® xMAP® Technology Partners—August 2014
The world of xMAP® Technology is evolving and progressing—our partners are releasing new products for use with your xMAP instruments. We want to keep you updated on the latest information provided by some of our partners.
Active Motif’s Histone H3 PTM Multiplex Assay is now being used to assess the effects of drug treatments and disease states on histone post-translational modifications (PTMs). Histone modifications have shown strong correlation to human pathologies, including autoimmune, neurological, inflammatory and neoplastic disorders. By utilizing the Histone H3 PTM Multiplex Kit, researchers can simultaneously assess both specific and off-target effects of compound treatments across a panel of histone modifications using only nanograms of sample. Levels of H3 pan-acetyl, H3K9ac, H3K4me3, H3K27me2 and H3S10ph histone modifications were analyzed in multiplex following pretreatment of cells with SAHA, an FDA approved cancer therapy known to increase histone acetylation. IC50 values of 4.0 µM & 4.6 µM in HeLa cells and 8.3 µM & 12.3 µM in MCF-7 cells were reported for H3K9ac and H3 pan-acetyl, respectively, which is consistent with published results. However, off-target effects were also observed from decreasing levels of H3K4me3 and H3K27me2, suggesting an effect on histone methylation that was previously unreported in single modification analysis. The Histone H3 PTM Multiplex Kit’s ability to simultaneously analyze up to 13 different histone modifications from nanogram sample amounts in a 96-well plate-based format renders a significant advantage over other methods by now providing a method for high-throughput, high-content screening of specific and off-target effects of compound treatment. For complete product details, please visit our website at http://www.activemotif.com/search?terms=Luminex+Services.
Branched DNA Assays
QuantiGene® Plex Assays use Luminex® xMAP® technology to simultaneously measure up to 80 genes in one well. Unlike qPCR, QuantiGene Plex utilizes branched DNA signal amplification, so RNA purification, cDNA synthesis, and PCR amplification are NOT required. Please read our new Application Guide here to see how QuantiGene® Plex can enhance your research. Additionally, if you find qPCR is restraining your gene target validation, find out how you can complete your projects faster using QuantiGene® Plex® here.
eBioscience has been very busy with the launches of new ProcartaPlex™ assays. ProcartaPlex™ Multiplex Immunoassays are available in multiple formats across six species:
- *Human (117 targets)
- *Mouse (59 targets)
- *Rat (34 targets)
- *Non-Human Primate (52 targets)
- *Porcine (10 targets)
- *Canine (12 targets)
The ProcartaPlex portfolio includes:
- 26 ProcartaPlex Panels – Pre-configured, biologically relevant and disease-defined panels using magnetic beads for the quantitative multiplex analysis up to 45 analytes in a single sample.
- 284 ProcartaPlex Simplex Bead Sets – Magnetic beads sets for the detection of individual analytes designed to be added to ProcartaPlex panels for increased customization. Alternatively, multiple –simplex Bead Sets can be combined and run using the ProcartaPlex Basic Kit, which includes all non-target specific reagents needed to perform the assay.
- ProcartaPlex Custom Mix&Match Assays – Custom-blended and optimized panels deliver results tailored to the panel design of YOUR choice. Simply provide your desired species, sample type and instrument for use. Then select your desired analytes, and a custom assay kit will be built and optimized to your specifications.
In celebration of the launch of the new Bio-Plex Pro™ RBM Human Metabolic and Hormone assays Bio-Rad invites you to download a copy of the Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry a journal dedicated to the study of metabolic disease. (Limited number of downloads available). This new installment of Bio-Plex Pro RBM Assays comprises seven distinct multiplex panels for the detection of 39 analytes, of which 15 are unique to Bio-Rad’s panels. Myriad RBM’s collaboration with Sanofi and the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) in testing samples from the ORIGIN diabetes clinical trial was instrumental in the selection of markers in each of these panels. Benefits of Bio-Plex Pro RBM Assays include:
- Robust performance — validated to meet rigorous analytical standards and manufactured in accordance with GMP guidelines ·
- Reproducible data — lot-to-lot correlation specification of R2 ≥ 0.9 based on sample testing ·
- Rapid results— multiplex data in just 3.5 hours through the use of magnetic beads and the fastest assay protocols
Bio-Rad also released a handy flip book that contains tips and tricks from the experts! The Bio-Plex® success guide includes expert advice to help you get the most out of your experiments. Download the assay/sample prep guide and the software and hardware guide separately or receive them as a printed flip-book.
- ASBMR 2014 – Houston, TX – Sept. 12-15
- Obesity Week 2014 – Boston, MA – Nov. 3-6
- NHP Model for AIDS Symposium – Portland, OR – Nov. 11-14
- Society for Neuroscience – Washington, DC – Nov. 15-19
New Product Launches:
- Human High Sensitivity T Cell Panel (HSTCMAG-28SK) 21-Plex: Fractalkine, GM-CSF, IFNγ, IL-1b, IL-2, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12 (p70), IL-13, IL-17A, IL-21, IL-23, ITAC, MIP-1α, MIP-1, MIP-3α and TNFα in human plasma, serum, and cell/tissue culture supernatant samples. Premixed 13-plex and 21-plex kits are also available (HSTCMAG28SPMX13, HSTCMAG28SPMX21).
- Human Sepsis Panel 4 (HSP4MAG-63K) 3-plex: FGF-13, Olfactomedin-4 (OLFM-4) and/or MMP-8 in serum and plasma samples.
- Human Sepsis Panel 5 (HSP5MAG-63K) 2-plex: Proteinase-3 (PRTN-3) and/or Elasatse-2 in serum and plasma samples.
- Rat Vascular Injury Panel 1 (RV1MAG-26K) 9-plex: Cav-1, CINC-1/GRO/KC, CTGF, IL-6, MCP-1, PAI-1 (total), TIMP-1, TNF-α and/or VEGF in serum and plasma samples.
- Rat Vascular Injury Panel 2 (RV2MAG-26K) 4-plex: Adiponectin, sE-Selectin, sICAM-1 and/or von Willebrand Factor (vWF) in serum or plasma samples.
- Rat Vascular Injury Panel 3 (RV3MAG-26K) 4-plex: α-1-Acid Glycoprotein (AGP), α-2-Macroglobulin (A2M), Fibrinogen and/or Haptoglobin in serum or plasma samples.
- Feline Metabolic Hormone Panel (FMHMAG-29K) 9-plex: Amylin, Ghrelin, GIP, GLP-1 Active, Glucagon, Insulin, Leptin, PP, and/or PYY in serum, plasma, tissue/cell lysates, and culture supernatant samples.
- Canine Kidney Toxicity Expanded Panel 1 (CKT1MAG-97K) 7-plex: Clusterin, Cystatin C, KIM-1, IL-8, Lipocalin-2/NGAL, MCP-1, and/or Osteopontin (OPN) in urine samples.
- The molecular diagnostic kit available in the United States since last year has obtained CE marking
- The diagnostic kit offers greater donor–patient compatibility by testing 37 antigens of 10 blood groups in less than 4 hours on the basis of a DNA sample
- According to WHO data, 5% of the world’s population carry genes for hereditary blood disorders, and each year over 300,000 children are born suffering from these conditions
ID CORE XT has been developed from ID CORE+, an integral part of the BLOODchip® product line, manufactured by Progenika, a Grifols company, that incorporates the very latest technology to offer ease of use and rapid results. The diagnostic kit uses Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technologies to amplify DNA samples, and this, combined with Luminex® technology, permits the precise identification of the genetic markers to be studied. In addition, the diagnostic kit incorporates BIDS XT software to control the entire process and automatically transmit the results to the laboratory computer system.
ProtATonce, a new Luminex partner, provides A-to-Z support on Luminex services including assay development, multiplex high throughput screening, and systems pharmacology data analysis. ProtATonce services includes:
- 500+ analytes for multiplex assays: ProtATonce offers Luminex assay development services with proprietary technology for building high quality multiplex assays. The cross-plex technology allows to select optimal antibody pairs and to exclude antibodies with high cross-reactivity. A 40plex protein secretion panel and a 29plex phosphoprotein panel have been developed to monitor the intracellular and extracellular activity of cells. Assay development service for 500+ assays is available.
- DATA ANALYSIS ProtATonce offers Luminex data analysis using a variety of computational tools including data visualization, quality control analysis, machine learning, and statistical models. Systems biology approaches for drug discovery are also available and include algorithms for pathway construction, mode of action, prediction of efficacy/toxicity, and target/lead identification and validation. We speak in plain language to your scientists and we apply the most advanced computational tools to analyze your data. Our MIT and Harvard trained personnel, our strong publication record, and our international awards in computational analysis guarantee a strong partner for your data analysis needs.
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne brand, has launched nearly 300 analytes in the Luminex Screening Assay format in the past year. The Screening Assay offers the largest multiplex available on the market for proteins and is available in the polystyrene or magnetic format. Up to 100 analytes may be assayed simultaneously from a list of over 200 human, 60 mouse, and 17 rat analytes. The assay is validated for cell culture supernate, serum, and plasma samples. It is a versatile assay supplied with the analytes pre-mixed for ease of use and is shipped within 3-5 days of ordering. The new ordering tool simplifies the ordering process and clearly denotes any incompatible analytes. The Luminex Performance Assays are R&D Systems’ most accurate and precise Luminex Assays. They are designed to correlate with the QuantikineÒ ELISA kits for ease of transition between the two platforms. Assays are now available premixed or user mixed. User mixed assays are shipped from stock within 24 hours of placing order while the premixed assays are shipped within 3-5 days of ordering. For more information please visit our website at RnDSystems.com/LuminexAssays.
If you’d like to provide feedback on our partner information or if there is information you’d like to see in the future, please feel free to contact us.