The first benchtop cytometer on the market—now better than ever
Powered by intuitive software, Guava® easyCyte™ Flow Cytometers are some of the most dynamic and flexible benchtop systems available. The easyCyte line provides greater sensitivity and optional high-throughput capabilities, enabling you to expand your research capabilities. The easyCyte line of flow cytometers offers:
- Up to 3 lasers and 14 parameters on a benchtop instrument, allowing for a high degree of flexibility.
- Product upgradability from 1 to up to 3 lasers, which enables future-proofing.
- An innovative microcapillary fluidics design, eliminating sheath fluid and reducing waste stream.
- The combination of microcapillary technology and a positive-displacement syringe pump, which allows for direct absolute counting with industry-leading precision.
- An intuitive software interface, enabling simplified data analysis, including cell-health assays.
- Detection of particles as small as 0.2 and up to 60 µm, facilitating the evaluation of a broad variety of samples.
- High-throughput options, which allow for walkaway acquisition for up to 96 samples.
Download a copy of the brochure here.
Explore Guava® easyCyte™ Benchtop Flow Cytometers
Choose the configuration that best suits your research needs.
|easyCyte™ 5 or 5HT||5||✔|
|easyCyte™ 5HPL or 5HPL HT||5||✔|
|easyCyte™ 6-2L or 6-2L HT||6||✔||✔|
|easyCyte™ 8 or 8HT||8||✔||✔|
|easyCyte™ BG or BG HT||10||✔||✔|
|easyCyte™ 11 or 11HT||11||✔||✔|
|easyCyte™ BGR or BGR HT||12||✔||✔||✔|
|easyCyte™ 12 or 12HT||13||✔||✔||✔|
|easyCyte™ BGV or BGV HT||14||✔||✔||✔|
Click here to view detailed specifications.
How Guava easyCyte Systems Work
Single, dual, or triple excitation laser configurations provide up to 14 simultaneous detection parameters, including 12 fluorescent colors plus forward and side scatter for size and granularity determination. For applications requiring exceptional sensitivity, a high-power blue laser (HPL) is offered in both single-loader and high-throughput (HT) formats.
Optical layout for the easyCyte 12 three-laser system
Guava easyCyte Instrument Features
easyCyte flow cytometers use novel microcapillary technology in a compact, user-friendly format, which is powerful enough to run your most complex assays. In addition, these simple fluidics enable a self-aligning flow cell that can be removed for cleaning by the user. New, more robust lasers available in virtually any combination mean that you choose the excitation and emission channels that are most relevant to your lab’s experiments. Each of the versatile optical configurations can be equipped with an affordable single-sample loader, or an integrated multi-well sample tray option, enabling worry-free walkaway acquisition of up to 96 samples.
No sheath fluid—direct sampling using the easyCyte patented microcapillary system
All easyCyte Systems use a unique, microcapillary flow cell for easy operation and minimal maintenance.
- Microcapillary technology allows for direct sampling by aspiration, eliminating the need for sheath fluid (see figure). As a result, the instrument is very compact in size and simple to operate.
- The flow cell is self-analyzing, and can be easily removed for cleaning—say goodbye to delays during acquisition due to clogged flow cells. This feature makes the easyCyte Systems beneficial for measuring a wide variety of cells and particles.
Direct absolute counts without reference beads
Absolute cell counts are a distinct advantage of direct sampling, and automatic cell enumeration is obtained from every sample acquired on an easyCyte cytometer. A positive-displacement syringe pump enables not only direct sampling, but can adjust the flow rate as well to ensure clear data from a range of sample titers.
Sample handling formats for both tubes and 96-well plates
Automated sampling for 96-well plates
The easyCyte HT series enables walkaway sample handling and acquisition for higher-throughput assays using a built-in, automated 96-well plate loader tray, which can hold a 96-well plate as well as 10 sample tubes. To ensure that cells stay in suspension during sampling, a rotating, variable-speed mixing paddle with auto-cleaning is used between each well, so there is no need for manual resuspension after loading the plate. This virtually eliminates carryover between samples, and mixes more efficiently than shaking plate holder formats.
Single sample loading for tubes
For manual sample handling in a cost-effective format, we offer the easyCyte Instrument with its rotating sample tube loader. The manual loader holds two separate tubes, allowing the user to progress quickly from one sample to another, or to wash between samples following an acquisition.
Compatible with many common fluorochromes and fluorescent reagents
Thoughtful laser and detector selection ensures that easyCyte Instruments are compatible with familiar and trusted fluorophores, as well as many of the newer dyes that offer advantages, such as increased brightness and photostability.
Pre-calibrated instruments that need no adjustment
The performance of every easyCyte instrument has been calibrated and optimized to ensure instrument-to-instrument reproducibility. This means that there is no user-adjustment necessary.
Quality control of daily performance
The Guava® easyCheck™ Kit is used to verify system performance and maintain daily quality control before running any assays, and is superior to instrument calibration for this purpose. The kit consists of easyCheck standardized fluorescent beads and diluent, facilitating the assessment of accurate counting and fluorescence detection. The easyCheck Kit is included with all instruments to enable daily routine signal optimization and quality control.
Guava easyCyte Instrument Performance
The easyCyte format is compact and offers many innovations in optical performance and software.
Precise and accurate absolute cell counting
Guava easyCyte Systems combine microcapillary flow with a precision pump to provide accurate and precise absolute counts—without the use of reference beads. Absolute counts can be done using cellular or bead samples.
Using the ViaCount™ Reagent and module allows for the determination of live, apoptotic, and dead cells. Linear and accurate results can be seen across the multiple concentrations and on a variety of cell and sample types.
8-peak rainbow beads
Spherotech® 8-color beads analyzed on the Guava easyCyte Systems demonstrate the instrument’s proficiency for resolving adjacent fluorophores in multiple detection channels.
Superior small particle bead detection
The easyCyte Systems have been shown to detect particles as small as 0.2 µm—a significant improvement over typical flow cytometers. This increased resolution and sensitivity allows for better separation, making gating and identification of dim populations easier. These capabilities may prove particularly useful for researchers analyzing particulates, beads, bacteria, and algae. Acquisition of a mixture of beads of known sizes demonstrates the ability of easyCyte Instruments to detect and discriminate particles as small as 0.2 µm.
Consistent sample results across an entire plate with sample mixing
To ensure that cells stay in suspension during sampling, a rotating, variable-speed mixing paddle with auto-cleaning is used between each well, eliminating the need for manual resuspension after loading the plate.
Evaluation of well-to-well consistency with sample mixing for a 96-well plate. Sample concentrations were within the acceptable range for all samples within the plate.
Guava easyCheck beads were diluted at 1.0 x 106 cells/mL and placed into all wells of a 96-well plate. The plate was then spun at 150 x g for 5 minutes to mimic settling. Each well was acquired and concentrations were determined. Results show the concentrations for each well (solid line) as well as +/- 10% values (dotted lines).
The mixing feature virtually eliminates carryover between samples and mixes more efficiently than shaking plate holder formats. Data shown below confirms that carryover is minimized with this format.
|Plate 1||Plate 2||Plate 3||Plate 4||Plate 5|
|Carryover||0.15% ±||0.17% ±||0.21% ±||0.23% ±||0.22% ±|
Immunological phenotyping using the 8-color assay
The easyCyte 12HT System accurately discriminates eight different fluorochromes within a single assay.
Flow Cytometry Applications
Benchtop flow cytometry from Luminex offers rapid access to insightful cellular analysis that you can apply to diverse research areas, including immunology and molecular biology. Because the systems are easy to use and affordable to operate, you can achieve more productive research. Moreover, you can now analyze a variety of cell types, from small bacteria to algae, yeast, plant, and mammalian cells.
The following applications are readily achieved using 3-12 parameter analysis with Guava easyCyte Benchtop Flow Cytometers:
- Cell Biology
- Cell Health
- Stem Cell Research
Explore Our Kits for Flow Cytometry
Guava flow cytometry kits are designed for the analysis of cellular events and cell phenotypes. Each kit has a unique combination of directly conjugated antibodies and/or fluorescent dyes and protein reporters to monitor changes in protein expression, protein location, and post-translational modification.
View all of our available kits and reagents.
GuavaSoft™ – Intuitive and Flexible Software
Your specific research needs are always changing, which is why Luminex’s optimized software modules are flexible enough to accommodate you at every level.
The GuavaSoft™ Software Package consists of two acquisition and analysis platforms:
- Guava® InCyte™ Software Package enables easy data visualization in a broad biological context to run your own optimized assays.
- Assay-specific modules available for all Luminex assays, including count and viability, cell cycle, mitochondrial potential, and apoptosis assays.
The GuavaSoft Software Package provides an intuitive user interface and offers acquisition, instrument set-up, and robust analysis capabilities in every dedicated software module. You can export to spreadsheets or utilize any third-party analysis format. 21 CFR part 11 enabling features are included. easyCheck™ is also included with the software for convenient QC of the instrument and Guava Clean—a cleaning function to automate cleaning routines.
Guava® InCyte™ Software
Guava InCyte is a flexible software package designed to allow the advanced user to setup and analyze an assay quickly, offering unique tools for rapid data comparison and visualization.
InCyte Software is the first analysis package designed specifically to give every user the power to draw conclusions about the biological significance of their data. It has an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that makes it possible to visualize and compare up to eight data sets at the same time. The software is ideally suited for interrogation of high-content data sets derived from multiple functional studies, such as those commonly employed during compound screening and target identification.
Guava InCyte brings a new level of analytical power to flow cytometry, enabling users to analyze an entire plate of data in no time. In addition, data acquisition is fully incorporated, so acquisition and analysis can be performed on the same instrument. Most importantly, comparative results are displayed at the experiment level, rather than on an individual well or sample basis.
Guava InCyte features:
- Drag and drop gating from one plot to another
- View up to 24 plots at once
- Real-time plot adjustments
- Organize acquired data sets and select individual wells for display
- Easily create analysis templates
- Quickly link to and review previously analyzed data
- Slider bars set cut-offs or threshold values for each experimental sector
- Combine groups of data and analysis templates
- Heat map shows values across an entire plate
- Easily generate IC50/EC50 curves within the software
- Multiple compensation features, including manual, automated, and gain-independent compensation
- Flow detection on automated systems
- Optional interface for robotic integration
- 21 CFR part 11 enabling features
Guava InCyte Software heat map and IC50/EC50
HeLa cells in microtiter plates were treated with multiple cytotoxic compounds for 24 hours. Cells were stained using Guava MitoDamage, MitoCaspase, or MitoStress kits. Cells were analyzed on the Guava® platform, and percent population data was compared in a heat map format using Guava InCyte Software. InCyte Software allowed for the quick identification of hit compounds, as well as the comparison of all 5 parameters simultaneously as shown in the pie charts above. The figure shows the data for the 80 compounds on both cell lines.
IC50 determination using the Cytochrome c Kit and analyzed with the built-in IC50/EC50 curve-fitting feature of Guava InCyte. Cells were analyzed on the Guava® easyCyte™ 8HT. Plot A shows the drag-and-drop gating strategy used for the IC50 determination. Plot B shows the IC50 curve results for gambogic acid, and Plot C shows the EC50 for etoposide. The once complex task of finding the IC50 or EC50 for a compound is now performed with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Guava Modules — Designed for Ease of Use
Guava modules use an interface which enables easy sample acquisition.
Get to the most meaningful data more quickly. Optimized for each assay, Guava assay-specific software modules display only the plots and statistics you need. Each software module acquires and analyzes data, then exports results to a database without additional user intervention. This integrated, automated process makes your cell analysis both easier and more accurate.
- One-click acquisition and analysis
- Pre-set plot templates specific to assay
- Friendly interface with step-by-step guide
- Assay results with statistics automatically calculated and displayed to minimize error
- Sample volume tracking
- Accurate cell counts without reference beads
Guava Software Downloads
If you are looking for the Guava Suite Software 4.0 Upgrade, please contact Technical Support.
64-bit Software release for 3rd Generation Guava® easyCyte™ and Guava® easyCyte™ HT Systems
Guava® Suite Software 3.4 Software (64-bit)
|Version||Operating System||Update Description||Download Software Updates|
|Guava® Suite Software 3.4||Windows (64‑bit)||NEW Software Modules:
|Guava® Suite Software 3.4||Release Notes|
NOTE: Guava Suite Software version 3.4 is NOT intended for use on the 1st- or 2nd- generation Guava easyCyte, Guava easyCyte HT 5, 6, 6-2L, and 8 Systems, or on other previous versions of Guava Systems. Please see the Guava Suite Software 3.4 Release Notes for further details.
NOTE: For acquisition purposes, Guava Suite Software version 3.4 is intended for use only on Luminex-supplied computers with 64-bit Windows 10.
For the 32-bit Software release for 2nd- and 3rd-Generation Guava easyCyte and Guava easyCyte HT Systems, please contact Technical Support.
Learn more about the Guava® easyCyte™ Flow Cytometers
- Guava® easyCyte™ Flow Cytometer Brochure
- Guava easyCyte Specifications
- Guava easyCyte Maintenance and Repair Services
- Guava easyCyte HT Compatible Microplates
- Guava easyCyte Flow Cytometry Publication List
- Flow Cytometry Applications for COVID-19 Research
- easyCyte 4th Generation SL System User
- easyCyte 4th Generation HT System User
- Gauva easyCyte Maintenance Quick Reference Card
- Guava® InCyte™ Assay Quick Start Guide
- Benchtop Flow Cytometry Facilitates Discrimination Between Induction of DNA Damage, Oxidative Stress, and Protein Misfolding Using a Novel Multicell GFP Reporter Assay
- Plate-based Drug and Toxin Screening Using Multiplexed, Benchtop Flow Cytometry
- A Novel Microcapillary Cytometer for Simplified Multiparametric Phenotyping and Cell Health Analysis of Immune Cell Subpopulations
- Performance of a High Sensitivity Multiplexed Assay for Malarial Antigen Detection on Multiple Cytometry Platforms
- Plate-based Assay for Typing and Characterizing Plasmodium Antigens Using Microcapillary Cytometry
- Solutions for COVID-19 Research Using Multiparametric Microcapillary Flow Cytometry
Looking for additional documentation?Documentation Search
Guava® easyCyte™ Training, Support, and Service
As part of Luminex’s comprehensive flow cytometry solutions, our service packages offer post-warranty support, and allow you to select the level of hardware, application, and software support that best fits your needs.
Instrument Service Plans1
|One-Year Instrument Warranty||Complete Service Plan||Intermediate Service Plan||Basic Service Plan|
|Unlimited On-Site Service2||✓||✓|
|Service Repair Visit3||✓|
|Annual Preventative Maintenance Service Visit4||✓||✓||✓|
|Repair Parts||✓||✓||20% Discount5||10% Discount|
|Trained and Authorized Service Technicians||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Technical Support –
Telephone and Online
|Priority Service Scheduling||✓||✓|
In addition to service support, our worldwide Technical Support Team can help you any time by email or telephone. Their combined expertise enables them to answer questions beyond hardware and software, as well as to help address any cellular analysis challenges you face. If your concern cannot be addressed by our Technical Support Team on the telephone, we will schedule a visit from a Field Service Engineer or Field Applications Specialist.
* This service is only available for customers under contract or warranty.
Please contact [email protected] or download our brochure for more information on our service and support packages, as well as training options.
The following services are outside of the Luminex service plans mentioned above and are subject to additional fees.
Application Training Visit
Application training and post-sales application support is provided by instrument Field Application Scientists in an on-site training visit. These highly qualified scientists have expertise in both flow cytometry and the entire Luminex portfolio of flow cytometers, kits, and reagents. An Application Training Visit covers instrument maintenance and acquisition, and provides additional details regarding the functionality of InCyte™ Software using application-specific examples. Introductory (one half-day) and Advanced (one full-day) training visits are available, and can be tailored to the experience and needs of the laboratory.
Please consider an Advanced Training Visit if you need additional training on the system, software, or Guava® kits, as our instrument Field Application Scientists are available to assist you.
Installation Qualification and Operation Qualification (IQ/OQ)
Our qualification services verify whether your instrument is working according to manufacturer’s specifications. This provides added peace of mind that your instrument is producing high-quality data. A Luminex Field Service Engineer will come to your site to perform the testing and provide the necessary documentation for regulatory compliance.
Instrument System Relocation
If you would like to relocate your Guava® easyCyte™ instrument, please call Technical Support to schedule a Field Service Engineer to assist with the relocation. Moving a Guava easyCyte instrument without proper procedures could negatively impact system performance and void your one-year instrument warranty, per Luminex’s terms and conditions of sale.
Please contact Technical Support for more information.
|Local||+1 512 381 4397|
|Toll Free (USA)||+1 877 785 2323|
|Toll Free (International)||+1 800 2939 4959|
Optimize Your Fluorophore Selection
This Spectra Viewer can be used for any of our flow or imaging flow cytometers. Simply select your instrument, configuration, and fluorochromes to view the excitation and emission spectra specific to your instrument.
- Not all service plans are available in all countries. For more information, please contact Service Sales at [email protected]. Standard Luminex policy requires instruments with a lapse in service coverage to be recertified by Luminex prior to commencing a service plan. The recertification fee includes travel and three hours of labor. Additional hours of labor and parts used during the recertification will be invoiced. Additional Services are not covered by any service plan.
- Parts, labor, and travel are included for all service visits under the Complete Service Plan.
- Parts, labor, and travel are included for the first Service Repair Visit in addition to the one Annual Preventative Maintenance Service Visit.
- Parts, labor, and travel are included for the one (1) Annual Preventative Maintenance Service Visit.
- Parts discount of 20% for subsequent repair visits. Labor and travel not included.
Guava® easyCyte™ Flow Cytometer Ordering Information
|Guava® easyCyte™ 5 Base System||0500-5005|
|Guava® easyCyte™ 5HPL Base System||0500-5009|
|Guava® easyCyte™ 6-2L Base System||0500-5007|
|Guava® easyCyte™ 8 Base System||0500-5008|
|Guava® easyCyte™ BG Base System||0500-5015|
|Guava® easyCyte™ 11 Base System||0500-5020|
|Guava® easyCyte™ BGR Base System||0500-5025|
|Guava® easyCyte™ 12 Base System||0500-5012|
|Guava® easyCyte™ BGV Base System||0500-5030|