FLEXMAP 3D® is Luminex’s most advanced and versatile multiplexing platform.
Fast read time, compatibility with both 96- and 384-well plates, and ease of integration with front-end automation systems make the FLEXMAP 3D® the platform of choice for high throughput applications. The platform uses both magnetic and non-magnetic microspheres and is capable of simultaneously measuring up to 500 genes or proteins from a small sample. Automated start-up, shut-down, and maintenance routines make the FLEXMAP 3D easy-to-use and maintain.
- Multiplexing: Up to 500 analytes in a single sample
- Dynamic Range (Typical): ≥4.5 logs
- Read Time: 96-well plate in ~20 min (up to 144,000 tests/hour); 384-well plate in ~75 min (up to 153,600 tests/hour)
- Daily Start-Up/Shut-Down: ~30 min
Let FLEXMAP 3D empower your research with:
- Higher Throughput: Dual sample fluidics paths and increased sample injection speed result in a faster sampling rate. The FLEXMAP 3D System can process 384 samples and generate up to 144,000 data points in just over an hour.
- High Plexing Capability: The FLEXMAP 3D is compatible with magnetic and non-magnetic microspheres and can discriminate up to 500 different microsphere sets. The platform offers a large menu of commercial kits and reagents to develop custom assays for a wide variety of applications including nucleic acid assays, immunoassays, receptor ligand assays, and enzymatic assays.
- Automation/LIS Compatibility: xPONENT® Software controls the FLEXMAP 3D System and offers interfacing options for Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and front-end automation platforms. The system accommodates 96 and 384-well plate formats for enhanced sample flexibility and increased throughput.
- Reliability: The FLEXMAP 3D System has multiple features allowing walk away start-up, shut-down, and maintenance operations, and greatly enhances usability for High Throughput Screening (HTS) applications.
FLEXMAP 3D Specifications
|Multiplexing Capability||Up to 500 individual analytes|
|Dynamic Range||≥4.5 logs|
|Physical Dimensions||58.4 cm W x 63.5 cm D x 45.7 cm H (23” W x 25.7” D x 18” )|
|Weight||No more than 200 lbs (91 Kg)|
|Plate Heater Operating Range||35 – 60°C (95 – 131°F)|
|System Warm-Up||30 minutes|
|Sheath Fluid Pressure||8 – 13 psi|
|Sample Injection Rate||2 μL/second|
|Sample Uptake Volume||10 – 200 μL|
|Classification Laser Excitation||638 nm|
|Reporter Laser Excitation||532 nm|
|Reporter Detector||565 nm – 585 nm|
|All Luminex instruments are marked in compliance with electrical/safety device standards for appropriate regions. For details on approvals and standards compliance, please contact Luminex.|
|Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ) services are performed by Luminex Field Service Engineers, and are critical to ensuring that your instrument is properly installed and operating according to specifications. For more information, please click here, contact your Luminex representative, or email [email protected].|
For more details, see the FLEXMAP 3D Specification Sheet.
FLEXMAP 3D Reagents
The FLEXMAP 3D instrument requires sheath fluid to serve as the delivery medium to transport the sample to the instrument’s optics.
This instrument has the option of a 20 L disposable external sheath fluid container or a compact 20X sheath fluid concentrate pack, which can be reconstituted to a 20 L working concentration.
Apart from the significantly reduced storage space required, the concentrate pack can save the user considerable shipping costs; upwards of 80% savings, in some cases.
All xMAP® instruments require regular calibration and performance verification testing, to ensure the systems are operating correctly and to maintain data accuracy. The FLEXMAP 3D instrument is calibrated using a calibration and a verification kit, each providing 25 uses.
Click here to review the entire Reagent Shipping Policy.
FLEXMAP 3D Calibration Kit
Sheath Fluid PLUS
FLEXMAP 3D Verification Kit
Learn how to run, maintain, and troubleshoot your FLEXMAP 3D®
How to run the System Initialization Routine in the FLEXMAP 3D xPONENT® software
How to add standards and controls if you have created a quantitative or qualitative assay
How to create a batch from an existing protocol
How to use the probe height adjustment tool for 384-well plates
How to shutdown the FLEXMAP 3D
Maintenance and Troubleshooting:
Following the maintenance schedule for FLEXMAP 3D
Cleaning the sample probe
Replacing the teflon syringe seal
Replacing the HEPA filter
Removing, cleaning, and replacing the ventilation filters
Replacing the sheath fluid filter
Replacing the fuses if a fuse has been tripped
Removing and preventing a clogs using the clog removal routine
|Product||Registration Status||Part Number|
|FLEXMAP 3D||Research Use Only (RUO)||FLEXMAP-3D-RUO|
|Product||Registration Status||Part Number|
|FLEXMAP 3D Calibration Kit (25 uses)||Research Use Only (RUO)||F3D-CAL-K25|
|FLEXMAP 3D Performance Verification Kit (25 uses)||Research Use Only (RUO)||F3D-PVER-K25|
|Sheath Concentrate Pack (1 L)||Research Use Only (RUO)||40-50018|
|Sheath Concentrate PLUS||Research Use Only (RUO)||Coming Soon|
|Sheath Fluid (20 L)||Research Use Only (RUO)||40-50015|
|Sheath Fluid PLUS||Research Use Only (RUO)||40-50021|
Accessories & Spare Parts
|96-/384-Well Plate Probe Height Adjustment Tool||CN-0298-01|
|Barcode Scanner, USB||CN-PC03-01|
|FLEXMAP 3D Swivel Base||CN-0216-01|
|Fuse (6 AMP)||CN-0226-01|
|Heater Block, 96-Well Microtiter Plate||CN-0224-01|
|Heater Block, 384-Well Microtiter Plate||CN-0223-01|
|Off-Plate Reagent Block||CN-0225-01|
|Sample Needle Height Alignment Kit||CN-0015-01|
|Sample Probe Needle||CN-0221-01|
|Syringe, 500 μL with Seal||CN-0013-01|
|6-month Preventative Maintenance Kit
(FLEXMAP 3D, Increased Throughput)
- Email your purchase order to: [email protected]
- Purchase Order Form
- Credit Card Form
- Phone: +1 866 401 5450
- Fax: +1 512 219 0544
The following details will need to be included with your purchase orders in order to process them:
- Company name
- Name, phone number, and email address of purchasing agent
- Name and phone number of the end user
- Valid purchase order number
- Quote reference number, where applicable
- Complete billing and shipping addresses
- Product number, description, pricing, and quantity
- Net 30 payment terms or other agreed upon payment terms
- FOB shipping point or other agreed upon shipping terms
The FLEXMAP 3D system is a class 1(I) laser product.
(RUO) This product is for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
(IVD) For In Vitro Diagnostic Use. Products are region specific and may not be approved in some countries/regions. If using these products for clinical diagnostic applications, ordering the IVD part number will provide reagents with appropriate In Vitro Diagnostic labeling.
Please contact Luminex at [email protected] to obtain the appropriate product information for your country of residence.