Have confidence in your COVID-19 antibody test.
In these uncertain times, laboratories need to have confidence in COVID-19 antibody test results—which is why Luminex has developed a comprehensive SARS-CoV-2 antibody assay. Using a combination of robust internal controls and highly-specific antigens, the xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 assay enables the rapid and reliable detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in plasma and serum samples.
xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay (RUO)
The xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay (RUO) is a multiplex, microsphere-based, highly sensitive and specific assay that detects the presence or absence of antibodies against three different SARS-CoV-2 antigens.
The xMAP SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay features:
- Broad Coverage: Detects IgG antibodies against 3 SARS-CoV-2 antigens, providing comprehensive results:
- S1 subunit of the spike protein
- Receptor Binding Domain (RBD) of the spike protein
- Nucleocapsid protein
- Flexible Throughput: Test up to 96 samples per run in less than 3 hours to meet your throughput needs.
- Versatile System Options: Can be used on MAGPIX®, Luminex® 200™, and FLEXMAP 3D® Systems, so you can use the platform that best fits your lab.
- Common Sample Types: Designed for use with plasma and serum samples, eliminating the need to implement additional collection protocols.
xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay Workflow
Add sample and bead mix to the well and incubate for 60 min at room temperature.
Add detection antibody mix to the well and incubate for 60 min at room temperature.
Resuspend sample and transfer plate to instrument.
Read on Luminex Instrument.
|PPA||95% Cl||NPA||95% Cl|
|*or days from molecular positive
The performance was determined separately for each instrument (Luminex 200, MAGPIX NxTAG-enabled, MAGPIX, and FLEXMAP 3D Systems) and each matrix (serum and plasma).
Resources / Documentation
- xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay (RUO) – Sales Sheet
- Luminex Submits Emergency Use Authorization Request to U.S. FDA for COVID-19 Antibody Test – Press Release
- Planning SARS-CoV-2 Serological Assay Development – White Paper
- xMAP® Technology: A Benchmark for Serological Testing – White Paper
About xMAP® Technology
Luminex’s xMAP® Technology combines advanced fluidics, optics, and digital signal processing with proprietary microsphere technology to deliver powerful multiplex assay capabilities. Featuring a flexible, open-architecture design, xMAP Technology can be configured to perform a wide variety of protein and nucleic acid assays accurately, affordably, and quickly.
xMAP Technology enables multiplexing of biological assays—reducing time, labor, and costs compared to traditional methods such as ELISA, Western blot, PCR, and microarrays. Systems using xMAP Technology offer robust detection due to the surface chemistry of Luminex’s color-coded beads, or microspheres. Using multiple lasers or LEDs for detection and high-speed digital-signal processors, the analyzer reads multiplex assay results by reporting the reactions occurring on each individual microsphere—enabling you to get more data with less sample.
Luminex offers three different xMAP-based instruments—MAGPIX®, Luminex® 200™, and FLEXMAP 3D®—covering a broad range of laboratory and budgetary needs. The xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 antibody assay can be used on all three of these platforms.
Whether you are looking for an instrument that is easy to learn and use, or a system for high-throughput applications that offers fast read times and integration with front-end automation systems—there is a Luminex multiplexing platform to support your research needs.
xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay
|Product Name||Description||Registration Status||Part Number|
|xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay||96 Tests||RUO||30-00127|
|xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen IgG Assay Accessory Kit*||Data Analysis Software and Package Inserts||RUO||CN-SW77-01|
|xMAP® SARS-CoV-2 IgG Control Kit||50 µL||RUO||30-00129|
|* One-time order only|
(RUO) This product is for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.