Sample to answer, real time PCR systems designed for improved laboratory efficiency and workflow
ARIES® and ARIES® M1 Systems
The ARIES® Systems are Luminex’s sample to answer, real time PCR systems that are crafted to increase laboratory efficiency, ensure result accuracy, and fit seamlessly into today’s lean laboratory. ARIES® allows your lab to control every aspect of the sample to answer testing process, from sample accessioning through result reporting.
Designed for Improved Lab Efficiency and Workflow
- Universal Assay Protocol may enable multiple sample types and up to 12 different IVD assays to be run together in a Random Batch.
- Simultaneous STAT and batch testing on a single ARIES® System.
- Flexible throughput options with the ARIES® two module system or ARIES® M1.
Designed for Seamless Integration and Testing Accuracy
- Internal barcode scanning matches samples to cassettes, enabling Position Independent Results no matter where every cassette is placed.
- Bidirectional LIS connectivity enables electronic ordering.1
- Integrated touchscreen PC eliminates the need for computer peripherals, maximizing valuable bench space.
The ARIES® Systems cassettes contain all of the reagents needed to run PCR testing on a sample. The extraction, purification, amplification, detection reagents, and Sample Processing Control (SPC) are all contained in the cassette. ARIES® cassettes are color coded and can be stored at room temperature, eliminating the need for freezing and thawing of reagents that take up freezer space and add time to preparation. For IVD samples, everything needed to run a sample is contained in the ARIES® cassette and the attached PCR tube.
|Physical Dimensions (Approximate)||39.1 cm x 61.2 cm x 95 cm
(15.4” x 24.1” x 37.4”)
|39.1 cm x 61.2 cm x 64.5 cm
(15.4” x 24.1” x 25.4”)
|Weight||63.5 kgs (140 lbs)||35.6 kgs (78.5 lbs)|
|Power Supply||120 volts (US) or 220 volts (EU)|
|Startup Time||Less than 5 min|
|Hands-on Time||Less than 2 min/sample2|
|Time to Result||Less than 2 hours|
|Throughput||12 samples in less than 2 hours
48 results in 8 hours
|6 samples in less than 2 hours
24 results in 8 hours
|Sample Input Volume||200-400 ?L|
|Processing||Two Independent modules (1-6 samples/module); allows Random Batch and STAT testing||One module (1-6 samples/module)|
|Data Input||Handheld/internal bar scanning/manual|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Embedded 7|
|Consumables||ARIES® assay cassettes|
|Ancillary Equipment (optional)||Printer for ARIES® instrument|
|Heat Output (BTU)||2730||850|
|Operating Temperature||15° C to 35° C (59° F to 95° F)|
|Temperature Control||55° C to 95° C (131° F to 203° F) within +/- 0.5° C||55° C to 95° C (131° F to 203° F) within +/- 1.0° C|
|Connectivity||Network and 5 x USB Type-A Ports|
|Network Settings||Integrates bidirectionally with LIS either through HL7 or CSV file formats|